Efikasi Diri dan Kepercayaan Diri Mahasiswa PGSD terkait Kecemasan Berbicara di Depan Umum

Main Article Content

Nor Fatmah
Hemy Heryati Anward
Marina Dwi Mayangsari

Abstract

This study aims to find out whether there is a role of self-efficacy and self-esteem towards public speaking anxiety in students of Primary School Teacher Education Department (PGSD), Lambung Mangkurat University. The subjects in this study were 60 students, selected using a quota sampling technique. Data were collected using Likert scale model consisting of self-efficacy scale, self-esteem scale, and public speaking anxiety scale. The data were analyzed using multiple linear regression and the result showed that: (1) there was a role of self-efficacy towards public speaking anxiety as indicated by the value of -t count < -t table (-5.558 < -2.002); (2) there was a role of selfesteem towards public speaking anxiety, as indicated by the value of -t count < -t table (-4.106 < -2.002); (3) there was interaction of self-efficacy and self-esteem with public speaking anxiety, as indicated by F count > F table = (24.428 > 3.159). It can therefore be concluded that the self-efficacy and self-esteem together had a role by 46.2% towards the public speaking anxiety in students of Primary School Teacher Education Department (PGSD), Lambung Mangkurat University, while the remaining 53.8% was contributed by other factors that were not examined in this study.

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.

Article Details

How to Cite
Fatmah, N., Anward, H. H. ., & Mayangsari , M. D. . (2021). Efikasi Diri dan Kepercayaan Diri Mahasiswa PGSD terkait Kecemasan Berbicara di Depan Umum. Psikodinamika - Jurnal Literasi Psikologi, 1(1), 31-40. https://doi.org/10.36636/psikodinamika.v1i1.558
Section
Articles

References

Bandura. (1997). Self efficacy the exercise of control. New York: W.H Freeman and Company.

Baron, R.A., Byrne, D. (1997). Social psychology (8th ed). Massachusetss: Allyn & Bacon.

Bodie, G. D. (2010). A racing heart, rattling knees, and ruminative thoughts: Defining, explaining, and traiting public speaking anxiety. Communication Education, 59(1), 69-105.

Bukhori, B. (2016). Kecemasan berbicara di depan umum ditinjau dari kepercayaan diri dan keaktifan dalam organisasi kemahasiswaan. Jurnal Komunikasi Islam, 6(1), 158-186.

Burton, K., & Brinley, P. (2006). Building confidence for dummies. British Library: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.

Deviyanthi, N. M. F. S., & Widiasavitri P. N. (2016). Hubungan Antara Self-Efficacy dengan Kecemasan Komunikasi dalam Mempresentasikan Tugas di Depan Kelas. Jurnal Psikologi Udayana, 3(2), 342-353.

Haryanthi, L.P.S., & Nia, T. (2012). Efektivitas metode terapi ego state dalam mengatasi kecemasan berbicara di depan publik pada mahasiswa Fakultas Psikologi UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta. Jurnal Unair, 14(1), 32-40.

Juwita, S., Ivan, M.A., & Rosy, R. (2010). Hubungan kepercayaan diri dengan kecemasan berbicara di muka umum pada mahasiswa. Jurnal Psikologi, 1-8.

McCroscey. (1976). Communication apprehension in the classroom: The problems of communication apprehension in the classroom. FSC Journal, 4(2), 1-12.

Muslimin, K. (2013). Faktor-faktor yang mempengaruhi kecemasan berkomunikasi di depan umum (kasus mahasiswa Fakultas Dakwah INISNU Jepara). Jurnal Interaksi, 2(2), 42-52.

Nevid. J.S., Rathus S.A., & Greene. B. (2005). Abnormal psychology in a changing world (6th ed). New Jersey: Prentice Hall.

Qurnia, A. & Marlina, L. (2020). An Analysis of EFL Student’s Speaking Anxiety in Public Speaking Class at English Departement of Universitas Negeri Padang. Journal of English Language Teaching, 9 (3), 566-571.

Riani, W.S., & Yuli, A.R. (2014). Hubungan antara self efficacy dan kecemasan saat presentasi pada mahasiswa Universitas Esa Unggul. Jurnal Psikologi, 12(1), 1-9.

Sellnow, D.D. (2005). Confident public speaking (2nd ed). Wadsworth: Thomson Learning, Inc.

Tuan, N.H., & Tran, N.M. (2015). Factors affecting students speaking performance at Le Thanh Hien High School. Asian Journal of Education Research, 3(2), 8-23.

Wahyuni, E. (2015). Hubungan self efficacy dan keterampilan komunikasi dengan kecemasan berbicara di depan umum. Jurnal Komunikasi Islam, 5(1), 51-82.

Yeung, DR., Rob. (2008). Confidence (terjemahan: Confidence: The art of getting whatever you want (1st ed). Jakarta: Daras Books.

Yusuf, Y. (2019). Problematik guru bahasa indonesia berkomunikasi secara efektif, empatik, dan santun dengan peserta didik. Jurnal Tinta, 1(1), 71-80.